SANTA BARBARA GIRLS LACROSSE ASSOCIATION, INC.
You may be wondering when, how and if we share your electronic data. If so, here is our official board policy on this issue.
- How we collect, use and (under certain conditions) disclose your personal information.
- The steps we have taken to secure your personal information
- Explains your options regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information
- By visiting the Site directly or through another site, you accept the practices described in this Policy.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any website not operated by SBGLA to which the Site links or that links to the Site.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect information from you in several different ways on this Site.
- Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of this Site, registering or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, email address, and credit card number. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and the Sites, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, your personal information may be used to contact you.
- Email Addresses. Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to: to register for a contest or sweepstakes; to request us to notify you of new program or to sign up for email newsletters and special offers. Your participation in a contest or sweepstakes is completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to us. We use this information to notify contest and sweepstakes winners and to award prizes. We may post on the Site the names and cities of contest and sweepstakes winners. By entering a contest or sweepstakes, you may be opting in to receive our email newsletter and special offers and this will be disclosed in the official rules governing the contest or sweepstakes.
- Cookies and Other Technology. Like many sites, the Site employs cookies and pixel tags to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
- We may use a third-party service provider to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Web site, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other Web sites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major web sites. Any information that these third parties collect is not linked to any personal information collected by us.
- We respect children’s privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. Elsewhere on the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
- You may choose to submit a review of our programs. If you post a review, we will ask for your email address and geographic location. If you submit a review, your geographic location will be visible to other users (your email address will be kept private). Also, any personally identifiable information that you submit as part of the review can be read or used by other visitors to the Site. We are not responsible for any personally identifiable information that you choose to submit as part of your review. We believe you can post a helpful review without disclosing any personal information.
Information Use and Disclosure.
- Internal Use. We use your personal information to process your registration or order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your personal information to improve the Sites’ content and layout, to improve outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the Site.
- Communications with You: We will use your personal information to communicate with you about the Site and your registrations and deliveries. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcements when it is necessary. Also, you may submit your email address for reasons such as to register for a contest or sweepstakes; to request us to notify you of new program or to sign up for email newsletters and special offers. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver the information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails. Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders.
- External Use. We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection of programming. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone, except that:
- We sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We partner with third parties (such as the U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service, and Federal Express) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
- We may publicly disclose the name, city, and state of the contest and sweepstakes winners.
- Up to and until June 11, 2018, we shared your email address with Paul Ramsey and his affiliated lacrosse programs. Currently, we do not share your email address with anyone outside of SBGLA.
All transactions are processed using industry standard 128-bit SSL encryption. Your credit card information is never stored.
While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by emailing email@example.com.
Please do not email your credit-card number or other sensitive information.
OFFLINE COLLECTION, USE & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Effective: June 11, 2018